Aspire to become a Clerk of Works!
Are you currently working in a supervisory role within the construction industry? Perhaps you are a senior building tradesman looking for a change in career? John Burke Associates may have the ideal opportunity to allow you to progress your career and earn while you learn. We are looking for the right candidates with transferable competencies, who will receive professional mentoring to become a clerk of works.
What’s Involved in the Role?
The Clerk of Works role is to provide independent third-party site inspection i.e., to Systematically Inspect, Record, Report, and Highlight potential issues. As such the role is best suited to someone who has a meticulous approach to their work.
A Clerk of Works Must…
- Ensure that all work carried out conforms with the technical requirements, drawings, specifications, and British Standards etc.
- Inspect and test materials to ensure they comply with requirements.
- You will be expected to anticipate and identify potential issues before they arise.
- You must ensure that all communication is clear between all parties.
- Ensure Health and safety guidance is adhered to.
- Monitor the project and compile accurate and concise reports and records.
- Highlight variance in construction work, by means of sampling, benchmarking, testing, and
If you love the construction industry but feel that working on-site full-time is no longer manageable, change your pace. Becoming a Clerk of Works or a Site Inspector allows you to develop and diversify your skills. It also gives you the freedom to work at a different pace while allowing you to retain a key role in the industry.
Want to Know More?
If you are interested in finding out more about the role of a Clerk of Works and progress your career, call Ian Carey CMgr MSc DMS PgDip FRICS FCIOB FCMI FICWCI FCABE today. We require both Clerk of Works and Site Inspectors to cover the Greater London and Home Counties regions. Furthermore, we have both full-time and part-time projects available, all roles are on a self-employed basis. Therefore, allowing you to manage your own workflow.